Barrett-Jackson Takes the Top Down Heading Into 10th Annual Las Vegas Auction
LAS VEGAS– Sep. 14, 2017 – Barrett-Jackson is bringing the joy of top-down driving to the Las Vegas Strip with a wide selection of classic, exotic and luxury convertibles during its 10th Annual Las Vegas Auction, Oct. 19-21, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. Some of the highly anticipated convertibles crossing the Las Vegas Auction block include a limited-production 2011 Porsche Speedster (Lot #745), a Torch Red ’08 Ford Shelby GT500SE Super Snake with only 9,900 actual miles (Lot #778) and a stunning ’57 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible (preview) that has been beautifully restored to its original Amethyst exterior color.
“Top-down motoring is one of the greatest driving experiences,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “It makes you feel more connected – not just to the car, but to the open road. Whether it be a classic, muscle car or exotic, every collector should have at least one convertible to enjoy this thrilling aspect of the automotive lifestyle – and there’s nothing quite like cruising down the Las Vegas Strip in a convertible.”
Included in this year’s Las Vegas docket is a limited production 2011 Porsche Speedster (Lot #745). Number 49 of only 356 built worldwide, this stunning white Speedster is one of only 100 sold in the U.S. Powered by a 3.8-liter direct-injected flat-6 engine with 405hp, it features an abundance of modern luxuries and appointments throughout.
Other highly coveted convertibles crossing the Las Vegas Auction block include:
- 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible (preview) – With a total production run of just 1,800 vehicles, this Cadillac was meticulously restored to its original form and ultra-rare original Amethyst exterior color
- 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Convertible (Lot #778) – 800hp supercharged V8 muscle car that was one of 36 original Torch Red convertible Shelby GT500s and is one of only 50 built by Shelby American
- 2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Neiman Marcus Edition (Lot #676) – The 5.0-liter V8 Roush supercharged engine boasts 727hp and 6-speed manual transmission
“Convertibles have been highly desirable since the dawn of motoring,” said Steve Davis, Barrett-Jackson president. “Sometimes the rarity of a convertible makes them valuable, like with the big-block muscle cars. Many love the iconic styling, especially from the ’50s fin era. Most of the time, it’s the sheer fun they represent. For all of those reasons, we consigned an amazing variety of collectible convertibles for our 10th Annual Las Vegas Auction.”
Additional convertibles also set to cross the block include:
- 1957 Bel Air Convertible (Lot #707) – Finished in Matador Red with a white power top and only 258 miles since its frame off, professional restoration
- 1957 Ford Thunderbird (preview) – Body-off restoration with rebuilt 312ci V8 engine and automatic transmission
- 1970 Oldsmobile 442 (preview) – A rotisserie restoration with factory matching-numbers 455/365hp V8 engine
- 1970 Chevelle SS 454 (Lot #780) – Cranberry Red and frame-off restored with upgraded LS6 450hp engine
- 1957 Chevrolet Corvette 283/270 (preview) – Well-kept original, with a 283/270 engine and factory transmission
The 2017 Las Vegas Auction Preview Docket is available to view online. Click here to consign a vehicle or visit Barrett-Jackson.com/Bid for information on becoming a bidder. Advance tickets and all-week ticket packages are also available at Barrett-Jackson.com.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, is the leader in collector car and automotive lifestyle events, which include authentic automobilia auctions. The company produces auctions in Scottsdale, Arizona; Palm Beach, Florida; at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut; and Las Vegas, Nevada. With broadcast partners Velocity and Discovery Channel, Barrett-Jackson features extensive live television coverage, including broadcasts in over 100 countries internationally. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit Barrett-Jackson.com or call 480-421-6694.
For high-resolution photos, please contact Aaron Cook at ACook@TPRM.com