Barrett-Jackson’s 10th Annual Las Vegas Auction Kicks Into High Gear with Impressive Docket of Collectible Chevrolets
LAS VEGAS – Sept. 20, 2017 – Barrett-Jackson is kicking its 10th Annual Las Vegas Auction into high gear with a docket filled with custom, professionally restored and original Chevrolet cars and trucks. Held Oct. 19-21, 2017,at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, the Las Vegas Auction’s incredible docket of Chevrolets includes a’64 Corvette Custom Coupe (Lot #724) that features a custom-built split window, an original’70 Chevelle LS6 (Lot #738) finished in rare Astro Blue code 25, and a professionally built ’50 3100 Custom Pickup (Lot #720).
“Chevrolet has manufactured forward-thinking vehicles brimming with innovation, stylish design and technology since the first one rolled off the assembly line over a century ago in Detroit,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “The 1950 to 1970 era cars have especially become favorites among collectors because they’re affordable for first-time buyers and are easy to customize.”
A hotly anticipated Chevrolet is a ’64 Corvette Custom Coupe (Lot #724) featuring a custom-built split window. It is powered by a high-performance 427ci V8 engine with Weber-style billet short-stack EFI and a 5-speed Tremec manual transmission.
Original Chevrolets, including a ’70 Chevelle LS6 (Lot #738), are also lending their star power to this year’s Las Vegas Auction. Finished in rare Astro Blue code 25, this Chevelle features a documented matching-numbers LS6 454/450hp engine with its factory-original M22 4-speed manual transmission and original CRW 4.10 posi-traction rear end.
“We’ve built an incredibly diverse docket of Chevrolets for this year’s 10th Annual Las Vegas Auction,”said Steve Davis, Barrett-Jackson president. “We’re bringing some of the finest examples of original, custom and restored models, including some incredible custom Chevy trucks. Over the last few years, the custom truck segment has become a popular option for collectors who want to diversify their collection. I’m really looking forward to the energy they bring when they cross the block.”
A ’50 3100 Custom 5-Window Pickup (Lot #720) has all of the custom bells and whistles inside and out. The 406ci small-block engine has a dress-up kit, while the interior boasts Relicate leather, power windows, Dakota Digital gauges and Lokar shifter, among many other upgrades.
Additional hot ticket Chevrolets consigned for the Las Vegas Auction include:
- ’59 Resto-Mod Corvette (Lot #709) – With under 300 miles on the odometer since its high quality build, it comes with a complete rolling chassis built by SEMA Hall of Famer, Art Morrison
- ’69 Camaro SS Custom (preview) – Finished in stunning Viper Red with Charcoal Gray Metallic striping, it features a powerful 396ci big-block engine mated to a 4-speed 700R automatic transmission
- ’50 Custom 3100 Pickup (Lot #450.1) – A two-year frame-off custom build with billet serpentine belt system, polished intake, Avenger 675 cfm carburetor and Petronix System 3 distributor
- ’68 Camaro Custom Coupe (Lot #708) –Powered by a 540ci aluminum block engine with aluminum heads
- ’67 Corvette Resto-Mod Stingray (Lot #700) – Ground-up restoration featuring a correct black leather interior; its sale includes the original matching-numbers 327/350ci engine on a stand
- ’61 283-/315 Big Brake Fuelie (preview) – Less than 300 miles since having undergone a full restoration, one of only 1,340 Corvettes produced in Tuxedo Black with red leather interior
The 2017 Las Vegas Auction Preview Docket is available to view online. Click here to consign a vehicle or visit Barrett-Jackson.com/Bid for information on becoming a bidder. Advance tickets and all-week ticket packages are also available at Barrett-Jackson.com.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, is the leader in collector car and automotive lifestyle events, which include authentic automobilia auctions. The company produces auctions in Scottsdale, Arizona; Palm Beach, Florida; at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut;and Las Vegas, Nevada. With broadcast partners Velocity and Discovery Channel, Barrett-Jackson features extensive live television coverage, including broadcasts in over 100 countries internationally. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit Barrett-Jackson.com or call 480-421-6694.
For high-resolution photos, please contact Aaron Cook at ACook@TPRM.com