Early and Late Model Ford Mustangs Stampeding to Barrett-Jackson’s 10th Annual Las Vegas Auction
LAS VEGAS – Sep. 6, 2017 – Barrett-Jackson is gearing up for a stampede of early- and late-model Ford Mustangs that will make their way across the block during the premiere automotive lifestyle event’s 10th Annual Las Vegas Auction, Oct. 19-21, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. Among the most anticipated Mustangs is an ’07 Ford Shelby GT Concept Car #1 (preview) and a ’16 Ford Mustang GT Convertible (preview), which was a 2015 Neiman Marcus Annual Christmas Fantasy Gift car and is one of only four of these special-edition convertibles built.
“The Ford Mustang is one of the most iconic American muscle cars,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “The early-generation cars remain popular because they’re easy to work on and customize, plus there’s certainly no shortage of amazing versions of the Mustang today. From the highly popular Shelbys to one-offs and customs, we’ll have an excellent sampling of Mustangs cross our block in Las Vegas.”
Among the late-model Ford Mustangs already consigned for the Las Vegas Auction is a rare 2007 Ford Shelby GT Concept Car #1 (preview). Based on the popularity of the 2006 Shelby GT-H, Ford and Shelby partnered on the creation of this concept car – serial number 07GT01C – that became the foundation for the rebirth of the Shelby Mustang.
Additional late-model vehicles of note already on the docket include:
- 2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Neiman Marcus Edition (preview) – 5.0-liter V8 Roush supercharged engine with upgrades to 727hp
- 2007 Shelby GT500 Super Snake (preview) – One of 1,000 produced and only 1,400 actual miles
- 2013 Shelby Mustang GT500 Super Snake Fastback (preview) – Built at the Las Vegas Shelby American factory
“Barrett-Jackson has sold some of the most significant Mustangs of our time,” said Steve Davis, Barrett-Jackson president. “The 2007 Shelby GT Concept Car played a significant role in propelling the Shelby brand in our current market. Of course, buyers looking for a vintage model or something to upgrade on their own will also find plenty to choose from.”
Early-model Ford Mustangs and custom Fastbacks also set to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas Auction include:
- 1968 Ford Shelby GT350 Fastback (preview) – Nut-and-bolt restoration by California Bodyworks in 2007
- 1965 Ford Mustang GT Convertible (preview) – Fully restored to original specs; rust and accident-free
- 1969 Fastback Resto-Mod (preview) – Featuring a 427ci stroker engine that cranks out 800hp
- Award-winning 1970 Mustang (preview) – 496hp and 553 ft/lbs of torque; loaded with custom touches
- 1970 Mustang Custom Fastback (preview) – Completely restored with numerous brand-new parts installed
The 2017 Las Vegas Auction Preview Docket is available to view online. Click here to consign a vehicle or visit Barrett-Jackson.com/Bid for information on becoming a bidder. Advance tickets and all-week ticket packages are also available at Barrett-Jackson.com.
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, is the leader in collector car and automotive lifestyle events, which include authentic automobilia auctions. The company produces auctions in Scottsdale, Arizona; Palm Beach, Florida; at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, and Las Vegas, Nevada. With broadcast partners Velocity and Discovery Channel, Barrett-Jackson features extensive live television coverage, including broadcasts in over 100 countries internationally. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit Barrett-Jackson.com or call 480-421-6694.